Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Double Chocolate Oat Biscuits



These days I very rarely buy biscuits from the supermarket instead preferring to make them myself so when I got home from work on Monday morning I thought I would make these for the week for the boys to take to school and have as an afternoon snack. I also made enough to give some to my mum and her husband Bobby. 


This recipe for these biscuits is very similar to my most favourite Chocolate Chip recipe in that both have condensed milk in them and they are equally as easy to whip up. These ones are based on a Jo Seager recipe but I have seen the same (or similar) recipe all over the show. If you make the full recipe be prepared for a glut of biscuits as it makes a lot...I think I got about 32 from my batch. The best thing is that you can add in whatever you like. I put in both white and dark chocolate and in a small amount of mixture I put in raisins. The boys aren't keen on raisins in biscuits but I love them so needless to say those ones are mine! You could also put in nuts or any other dried fruit that might take your fancy. I love a recipe that you can mix up a bit!


Anyway it looks like I might have to give some to our neighbour as well as I don't think the boys are going to eat all of these ones. I'm sure she will be pleased for them though.


Double Chocolate Oat Biscuits


250g butter, softened
3 Tbsp condensed milk
3/4c sugar
1 1/2 c flour
1 1/2 c rolled oats
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 c of both dark and white chocolate chips (or whatever else you like)


Oven to 170 C.


Beat butter, sugar and condensed milk together until creamy and light. Add in flour, oats, baking powder and chocolate.


Bake flattened spoonfuls on a lined baking tray for about 20 mins until golden.


Doesn't get much easier than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment