Sunday, November 7, 2010

Baking for Nightshift- Peanuttiest Blondies



Tonight is my last night of three looong nightshifts and as I haven't baked for this set of nights yet, I thought I would make something to take to work tonight. As well as that someone is leaving so everyone (or most people) will be bringing something to have at work. I keep my eye on a baking blogging group called Tuesdays with Dorie. Unfortunately for me I was too late to the blogging world to join in and now the group is closed. However I still keep an eye on what's being made and read up about it to see if it's worth having a go. The book they cook from is called 'Baking: From my Home to Yours' by Dorie Greenspan and is an absolutely fantastic book- well worth the purchase as I have made many wonderful recipes from this and they all seem to work and taste great. From what I read this recipe was really good although some people suggested leaving out the cinnamon and making them in a bigger tin. Although they are meant to be cake-like, they felt that they would have been better to have been thinner. 


I like to think that I do what I'm told....well er on occasion I do (sort of)... but these bakers know what they are talking about so this time I really did do as I was told. This is a very easy recipe to make and barely took anytime at all to whip up. I used crunchy peanut butter, salted roasted nuts and some milk chocolate buttons in mine. I left out the cinnamon and baked it in a bigger tin so they were more flat. I think this was a good move. I certainly don't miss the cinnamon and baking them in a bigger tin seems to have made them more chewy and tasty. I love the salty, sweet flavour and I think they will go down a treat. I also baked a caramel square to take but will post about that tomorrow. If you want the recipe go here to find it as the person who chooses the recipe gets to post it on their blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment