Thursday, July 21, 2011

Cinnamon Brioche


Harry holding Eli...and very happy doing so!

The very delicious Elijah
Today my friends Amy and Michelle came over for coffee and a gossip while our kids got to hang out and have some fun playing. Michelle brought over Sammie (nearly 3) and her gorgeous baby Eli who is almost 6 weeks old and is very relaxed...as all third children seem to be. Amy has Gwennie, who has just turned 6 and Peter who is 3. Harry and Gwennie don't get to see each other very much but when they do they get only really well and seem to just fall into being each others friend really easily...must be a bond they have.


I thought I should whip up a few things for us to eat and one of them was this brioche. I'll post about the other things in the next couple of days. Brioche is notorious for being a high-fat treat and lets face it, it's the butter that makes it special (as it always is). However one of the sites and forums I visit regularly is called Foodlovers. Helen Jackson, (who owns the website), also does the Saturday morning Kitchen and Garden Show which I love to listen to...if I'm not working and when I remember that it's Saturday. What can I say I blame it on night shift and therefore an absent mind on occasion. On this site and in her new book is a recipe for these Cinnamon Brioche and to make them even more appealing they have less butter than what you would normally find...or is it that the mixture makes a smaller amount therefore only giving the illusion of using less butter. Hmmmmm! Regardless of what the answer is, this is a very easy recipe to make and gives a lovely result. So to impress you friends, partner, family give this a go. I'll definitely be making these again.


You can find the recipe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment