Friday, July 22, 2011

Cannellini Bean Dip with Parmesan, Garlic and Rosemary




SO please excuse the photo quality but I remembered at the last minute to take a photo after my little one had started to devour this dip with cries of "mum you have GOT to make this again...it's yum!". And it is! I was trying to catch up on all the blogs I follow and came across this one from baking=love. If you get some time have a look at her blog as it is a good read and has some great recipes. I'm not sure where she got this one but it is fantastic! In fact I could see myself having it on toast and on a sammie instead of hummus. It would be good with crackers, those yummy Eta Uppercrust chips, frostiness or anything else that might take your fancy...including your finger as you try to stop yourself from eating it. It is very easy to whip up and the texture is just fantastic. If you ever need to make something in a hurry, this would be it. Give it a go because I promise you you will not be disappointed. I didn't have any parsley when I made mine and while it still tasted fantastic, I think it would add yet another level of flavour to it. Oh and just a forewarning beware the garlic breath...or you can make your partner or friends hoe into this as well then you will all be in the same boat with your potent garlic breath...just a thought!


Cannellini Bean Dip with Parmesan, Garlic and Rosemary


1 x 400g can of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed thoroughly
1-2 tsp rosemary finely chopped (she says thyme works well too)
handful of flat leaf parsley
2 - 3 cloves garlic
1/3 c extra virgin olive oil + extra for drizzling (fruity is good)
zest and juice of 1 -2 lemons (I used only one and it was enough)
2-3 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese (but do this to taste)
Salt and freshly cracked black pepper

Place rinsed beans, rosemary, parsley, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice and zest, salt and pepper into a food processor and blitz until just blended, leaving it a little bit chunky for texture. I made mine smooth and loved ti like that but chunky would be good too. Taste and adjust seasoning as you like it.

Drizzle over some EVOO and some freshly ground black pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment