Thursday, October 4, 2012

Flash-Roasted Pesto Salmon


Before going into the oven

Just out of the oven
Just a quick post and a dinner one for once. My new favourite cookbook has got to be the new one in the Annabel Langbein Free Range Cook series 'Simple Pleasures'. As I have been trying (and I mean trying and not always successfully), to meal plan, I trawled through the book and have a few things to make out of it this fortnight. This looked quick and easy enough to cook on a post night shift night and seemed pretty healthy. Like all of Annabel's recipes (well 99% of them), it turned out beautifully. 

You pretty much heat your oven to a massive 220C fanbake and line a shallow tin. Pin bone your salmon pieces (fresh in today at good old P and S), spread over some pesto, sprinkle over some lemon zest, capers and cherry tomatoes. Drizzle over some EVOO and season with salt and pepper. Then bake about 6-8 mins and enjoy. We had ours with some new season roasted asparagus. 

Other things in my plan for this fortnight are Sausage, Tomato and Olive Pizza, Bang Bang Salad, Chicken and Leek Gratin and Burgers with Spicy Chicken Patties. Hopefully I'll end up making them all! If you are thinking about getting this book I would highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment