Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Totally Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies


Yesterday when Reuben got home from school one of the first things he asked me, aside from the standard "what's for dinner tonight?", was "is there any baking?". That's the problem with being on a diet. While I bake when I go to work knowing that the baking is out of the house and therefore out of my sight and reach, baking for home comes to an almost standstill. So today I thought I would make something for the boys to have when they get home from school. After asking them what they wanted, to which a whole lot of ideas came forth, I decided upon these biscuits which I'm sure will fit the brief of being a biscuit, something chocolate and something really yummy!


And these are yummy! Too yummy I think! Not only are they easy to make but they are decadently rich, very chocolatey and totally moreish so pretty much perfect for someone who is trying to do WW. Nigella describes as being chocolately to the point of madness and she is right. Although Nigella only gets 12 cookies out of this recipe, I got 27 so hers must be massive because mine were pretty generously sized too. Here they are waiting to be baked...



So give these a go as they are well worth the point sacrifice and you will be a top favourite with all those people who get to eat one..or two.

Totally Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies (Nigella Lawson 'Nigella Express')

125g dark chocolate (I used 62%)
150g flour
1 tsp baking soda
30g cocoa sieved
125g soft butter (I used salted)
75g brown sugar
50g white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cold egg
350g dark chocolate bits

Oven to 170 C.

Melt the dark chocolate and set aside.

Cream butter and sugar. Add the melted chocolate and mix.

Beat in the vanilla and the egg then mix in the dry ingredients. Finally stir through the chocolate bits.

Spoon onto a lined baking tray but do not flatten.

Bake about 20 mins then cool on a rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment