Thursday, March 24, 2011

Its been awhile... but good things come to those who wait...

I feel like it has been ages since I last posted something. I haven't really had all that much time to bake with all that has been going on AND I finally took the plunge and joined up with WW online. I have done it before and I know it works so rather than let those 5-6 kg I need to lose become 10-12 kg, I need to act now. It's so annoying that to do something you love so much (baking) can be so costly! Mind you I also love food so it isn't just the baking if I'm to be honest. However I will still bake for work as that means I get to have the pleasure of doing the baking and can quickly find a home for it before I get to indulge in it...not that I do eat a lot of my own baking but it's best to not have temptation lying around beckoning to me! Today was lovely as I got to bake a few things. It made me remember how much of a relaxation tool baking is for me. I love the whole process from the finding of the recipe to the process of making it to getting the final product out of the oven. The other day I invested in a bundt tin. They are pretty pricey for a baking tin but I know I'll have it for years to come and I used some of the money I got for my birthday to buy it as a lovely gift to myself (weird I know to buy a baking tin for my birthday BUT it's what gives me pleasure...). I was also inspired by a baking blog I follow which I'll post a link to when I do the recipes later and used a couple of her recipes. I made for work tomorrow a Chocolate and Cinnamon Bundt cake; a Nigella recipe for Blondies; and finally tonight a Dulce De Leche Bundt cake for work on Saturday. I am about to start 3x 13 hour day shifts and as the unit is crazy-busy I thought we would need a welcome respite from all the work. Anyway I'll post about these shortly as I have run out of time for that tonight. But I'll leave you with a couple of photos I just took of Reuben and the other 2 boys in our lives Archie and Louis...




No comments:

Post a Comment