Friday, April 6, 2012

Chocolate Caramel Weetbix Slice




The other day we got the awful news that my lovely, sweet brother-in-law Kiwi's dad Jim had died suddenly. It's a huge shock as he was only 64 years old, was a very hard worker and one of those guys who was always around to lend a hand and help out where ever he could. At any family event he was always helping to prepare the food, cleaning up, digging the hangi pit (or bringing up the food), washing the dishes....pretty much if it needed doing then Jim was there doing it. He helped out with various moves, building of decks or fences etc etc etc. He and Fiona had been married for 42 years. I can't even begin to imagine how it feel to lose the partner you have slept next to every night and been with for all those years. It must be truly horrific. 


Of course food was prepared by lots of people and these were part of my contribution along with a huge Banana and Coconut cake with cream cheese frosting. I doubled the recipe and if doing it again would make 4 times the caramel recipe. I did double it along but I think quadrupling it would have been even better...well for those of us who love caramel. Even so with the amount of caramel on it, it still tasted fantastic. I'll definitely be making this again. You can find the recipe here.

So rest in peace Jim...he always hated having his photo taken so here is one of the only ones I have of him....trying to hide of course xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment