Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Harry and His Second Ballet Competition

Getting his stage makeup on at home and his hair done

Ballet-mom 'pep-talk'

Me looking 'middle of night shift tired' at the venue

Mama and Pup

Waiting waiting waiting....nice pointed toe!

He works hard on getting more and more flexible....amazing as I can't even touch my toes!

Ready and waiting

About to go on stage...nervous but this ballet-mom needed a photo to 'Show Ms A" (his ballet teacher)
Last weekend was Harry's second ballet competition....the Manurewa Combined Dance Association. This is our second competition and it was with horror that I happened to find out that the date had been changed and it was that weekend and not the weekend after. Most horrifically I was in the middle of night shift so was totally unprepared for it. It meant that I had to race home and go to bed (about 930am) while Dons took him to his private lesson and film it for me. Then he went to his dads house and he brought him home to me at 3pm. I woke up at 2pm so was pretty tired especially knowing I had to race back for another nightshift. That's why I look so shattered and makeup-less....well that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

We had a different costume which I hired while we wait for his proper one to be made. He next has a competition in July so he should have a lovely new costume for that one as well as one for his new Barefoot dance. I think he looks SO adorable!!! I think he was pretty pleased with the whole look too.

He got another Highly Commended and once again we almost burst with pride at our baby's achievement. He works so hard and he has so much passion for dance it's an amazing thing to be a part of. It made the sleep deprivation worth it! 

1 comment:

  1. I love it when kids get so into something and give it so much of their energy. A real passion. Excellent!
    My kids were all sick last weekend (4 out of 5) and we put them all marae style on the lounge floor. I stayed up all night dealing with all of them chundering and shitting - and I have FULL RESPECT for anyone who does nightshift! OMG it took me 3 days to recover. Insane.