Monday, July 23, 2012

Baking for Nightshift- Red Velvet Cupcake Swirls


So in my last post I said I had made two things for nightshift on Friday. I think I was feeling a bit bad because I have been so distracted lately with the house things so overcompensated and made two things. As well as that I really enjoyed having some time in the kitchen again. I'm on the last leg  of house stuff now....and quite possibly the worst leg. This time I have to empty all the rooms of pretty much everything so the new carpet can be laid. When I look around the house through post nightshift, no-sleep eyes it all seems very overwhelming as there is only a smallish lounge to put it all in. Luckily they will move the furniture but everything else has to be done by me. No wonder people don't get carpet laid all the time because it is almost (and I say almost) not worth it. 


Anyway I digress once again.... clearly I'm a little preoccupied! These cupcakes were ok. I'm not sure if I overcooked them a little or if I should have done the swirls a little differently. They tasted ok but I missed the tenderness of a good Red Velvet Cupcake and the cream cheese layer could have been more cheesecakey. The recipe was from Marion Keyes 'Saved By Cake' but I'm not sure that I will post the recipe as I don't think I will make them again. If you do want the recipe let me know and I'll edit this post to include it. 


Well I'm off again to relook at all the work I have to do....I'll be back in my more normal capacity in a week or so......

No comments:

Post a Comment