Saturday, January 28, 2012

Fresh Lemon Muffins




This is a recipe I have for years and years. It's written in my little green book which has always had the tried and true recipes in it...well some of them anyway. This makes a lovely muffin. Be warned these are not cupcakes but rather have that muffin texture. I often have trouble with making muffins and have yet to come across a good recipe for berry ones that I am happy with. Maybe I have too much of a heavy hand? Anyway this recipe is pretty foolproof so if I can do it then so can you. If anyone has a lovely berry or fruit muffin recipe that is delicious please let me know so I can give it a go.


Fresh Lemon Muffins


Grated zest of 2 lemons
1 c sugar
2 c flour
125g butter
1 c yoghurt
1 tsp baking soda
2 eggs


Topping
1/4 c lemon juice
2 Tbsp sugar


Preheat oven to 190C and line muffin tins with liners.


Cream the butter and sugar together until light and creamy. Beat in the eggs one at a time then beat in the lemon zest. Mix the soda into the yoghurt. Fold in the flour and yoghurt mixture into the 1/3 at a time.


Bake 18-20 mins. Combine the lemon juice and sugar and when the muffins are just out of the oven brush it over. Cool out of the tins on a rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment